Combination of Specific Basketball Skill Training and Pranayama Practices on Basketballers' Systolic Blood Pressure
- Specific skill training,
- Systolic blood pressure and basketballers
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Senthil Kumaran S
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The point of the present study was to find out the combination of specific basketball skill training and pranayama practices on systolic blood pressure among basketballers. To achieve the purpose of the study men basketball players were selected from various clubs, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India. The subject’s age ranges from 18 to 25 years. The selected subjects were divided into two equal groups consists of 15 basketball men each namely experimental group and control group. The experimental group underwent a specific basketball skill training and pranayama package programme for twelve weeks. The control group was not taking part in any training during the course of the study. Systolic blood pressure was taken as criterion variable in this study. The selected subjects were tested on Systolic blood pressure was measured through sphygmomanometer. Pre-test was taken before the training period and post- test was measured immediately after the twelve-week training period. Statistical technique‘t’ ratio was used to analyze the means of the pre-test and posttest data of experimental group and control group. The results revealed that there was a significant difference found on the criterion variable. The difference is found due to specific basketball skill training and pranayama package given to the experimental group on Systolic blood pressure when compared to control group.
- V Vallimurugan and J Vijay (2021) Influences of Blood Pressure and Respiratory Rate Response to Yogic Programme among Women Badminton Players. EPRA International Journal of Research and Development, Volume: 6, Issue: 9, Pages: 23-27.
- V Vallimurugan (2020) Effect of Yogasana and Pranayama Practices on Selected Physical and Physiological Variables among Physical Education Students. Bharathiar National Journal of Physical Education and Exercise Science, Vol 1, Issue 1 Pages14-20.
- U Srikumar, V Vallimurugan (2016) Effect of yoga, Pranayama with natural diet on physical fitness variables among patients of coronary artery disease. Int J App Res, Vol 2 Pg no: 585-590.
- CA Vijayarani, V Vallimurugan, M Suresh Kumar (2012) Influence of yogic practices on selected physiological and psychological variables of adolescent’s boys. Recent Research in Science and Technology, Vol 2, Issue 4.
- Rashiti, (2016) the effect of additional aerobic training in the development of some motor skills in handball research in physical education, sport & health, 5, 2, 87-90. 4p
- Kumar (2013) Impact of aquatic based plyometric training on selected skills related motor fitness components and performance variables among handball players. The Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness publication.
- Kumaran and Sheikh (2018) Effect of aerobic cross training and aerobic training on vital capacity and strength endurance among male students, International Journal of Yogic, Human Movement and Sports Sciences, 3, 1, Part N Pages: 756-759.
- Rajaram (2015) Effect of aerobic training on agility of men Kho-Kho players. Journal of Physical Education, Sports and Health, 2, 2.
- Annadurai R (2014) Effect of swiss ball and plyometric training programme on selected physical variables and skill performance of inter collegiate men volleyball players. Academic Sports Scholar, Volume. 3, Issue. 5.
- D.Bala Krishna (2016), Effects of skill training and plyometric training on selected skill performance variable (service) among school volleyball players International Journal of Physical Education, Sports and Health Vol. 3 Issue 2, Part D.
- P.Selvakumar and Dr. G Palanisamy (2017), Effect of strength and plyometric training on selected skill performance variables of male volleyball players International Journal of Physical Education, Sports and Health, Vol. 4 Issue 3, Part B.
- R.Varathan (2018), Effect of plyometric training on speed, speed endurance and agility of sedentary college men. International Journal of Physical Education, Sports and Health, Vol. 5 Issue 2, Part B.
- Veeramani (2015) Effect on package of low impact plyometric exercise on selected performance related fitness variables among volleyball players. International Journal of Physical Education, Volume. 2(1), pp. 20-22.