Effect of Cardiac Circuit Training on Physical Fitness Variables of High School Kho-Kho Players
- Cardiac circuit,
- Muscular strength,
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Udhayakumar P, Dr.K.Murugavel
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The purpose of the study was designed to find out the effect of cardiac circuit training on physical fitness variables of high school kho-kho players. To achieve this purpose of study 30 high school male kho-kho players were selected from T.N.G.R Hr. Sec. School Coimbatore. The subjects were randomly assigned to two equal groups (n=15). Group - I underwent (CCT) group (CCTG) and group - II was acted as a control group (CG). The cardiac circuit training was given to the experimental group for 3 days per week (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) for the period of eight weeks. The control group was not given any sort of training except their routine work. Speed (50 mts dash) agility (shuttle run 4*10) and muscular strength and endurance (modified sit-ups) were measured. Before and after the training period the data collected from the subjects was statistically analyzed with ‘t’ rest to find out significant improvement if any at a 0.05 level of confidence. The result of the speed, agility, and muscular strength, and endurance speculated significant improvement due to influence of cardiac circuit training with the limitations of (diet, climate, lifestyle) status and previous training.
- Abdul Halik, Senthil Kumaran, Arun Kumar, Daniel Mayorga-Vega, J Viciana, A Cocca,(2013)Effects Of A Circuit Training Program On Muscular And Cardiovascular Endurance And Their Maintenance In School Children, Department of Physical Education and Sport, University of Granada, Spain, Journal Of Human Kinetics Volume 37/2013, 153-160 Doi:10.2478/Hukin-2013-0036 153.
- Taşkin H. ( 2009) Effect Of Circuit Training On The Sprint-Agility And Anaerobic Enduance.J Strength cond 2009 Sep;23(6):1803 10. Doi:10.1519/Jsc.0b013e3181bdfc0.
- Hofstetter, Marie-Claire, Mäder, Urs Wyss, Thomas, (2012) Effects Of A Seven-Week Outdoor Circuit Training Program On Swiss Army Recruits. Department: Swiss Federal Institute of Sports Magglingen Sfism, Switzerland. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research: December 2012 - Volume 26 - Issue 12 - p 3418-3425 doi: 10.1519/JSC.0b013e318245bebe
- Dhanaraj.S(2014) An Impact of Circuit Training on Selected Physical Fitness Variables Among College Hockey Players. Volume: 3, Issue: 4, ISSN No 2277 – 8160.
- Nirendan J (2019)"effect of speed training program on selected skill related physical fitness variables of inter-collegiate men kho-kho players", International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (www.jetir.org), ISSN:2349-5162, Vol.6, Issue 6, page no.627-631, June 2019, Available :http://www.jetir.org/papers/JETIR1908248.pdf
- M, R., & G, T. (2020). Effect of Aerobic Training Program on Agility and Cardio Respiratory Endurance of College Men. Bharathiar National Journal of Physical Education and Exercise Science (ISSN:0976-3678) E-ISSN Applied (International Peer-Reviewed Journal), 11(4), 06–10. Retrieved from http://www.budpejournal.com/index.php/bnjpees/article/view/28
- Arjunan.R (2015) Effect Of Circuit Training And Anaerobic Interval Training On Speed and Strength Among Men Handball Players, Department of Physical Education & Health Sciences, Alagappa University, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu, India, International Journal Of Humanities, Arts, Medicine And Sciences (Best: Ijhams) Issn(P):2348-0521; Issn(E):2454-4728,Vol. 3, Issue 10, Oct 2015, 75-80
- Atul Meethal , Dr.A.M.Najeeb (2013) Effects Of Circuit Training On Different Surfaces On Selected Physical And Physiological Variables Of School Boys , Lecturer adhoc in Physical Education, NIT Calicut, Kerala, India, International Journal Of Physical Education, Fitness And Sports | Vol.2. No.4 | December 2013 | Issn 2277-5447.
- Dr.V. Saminathan(2017) influences of circuit training on athletic performances among school boys , physical director, govt. hr. sec school, coimbatore, tamilnadu, india. star international research journal , star vol.5 issue 10(10), october (2017) issn: 2321-676x.
- Balaji Ethiraj, (2021) Effects of functional high intensity interval training circuit on peak oxygen consumption in sedentary college men 12(4) 1-5.
- D Nandagopal, G Tamilselvan, Dr. RG Giridharaprasath. Physical fitness components response to the influence of different physical activities among school girls. Int J Phys Educ Sports Health 2021;8(2):167-172.
- G, T., & M, R. (2019). Effect of Game Specific Training on Selected Physical and Physiological Variables among College Men Kabaddi Players. Bharathiar National Journal of Physical Education and Exercise Science (ISSN:0976-3678) E-ISSN Applied (International Peer-Reviewed Journal), 10(2), 1–6. Retrieved from http://budpejournal.com/index.php/bnjpees/article/view/5.