EFFECT OF AEROBIC TRAINING PROGRAM ON AGILITY AND CARDIO RESPIRATORY ENDURANCE OF COLLEGE MEN
- Aerobic Training Program,
- Agility and Cardio Respiratory Endurance
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2020 RAJKUMAR M, TAMILSELVAN G
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The term aerobic is a new word but not a new idea. Aerobics is a progressive physical conditioning programme that stimulates cardio respiratory activity for a period sufficiently long to produce beneficial changes in the body. This study was designed to effect of aerobic training program on agility and cardio respiratory endurance of college men. To achieve the purpose of the study 30 college men were selected from Bharathiar University Departments. Their age ranged between 21 and 25 years and they were divided into two equal groups consists of 15 each. Group I underwent the aerobic training program and Group II acted as control group. The training was given to the experimental group for 3 days per week for the period of 12 weeks. The control group was not given any sort of training except their routine work. The data were collected from the subjects and it was statistically analyzed with dependent ‘t’ test to find out significant improvement if any at 0.05 level of confidence. The results speculated that the agility and cardio respiratory endurance of college men improved significantly due to the influence of aerobic training program with the limitations.
- Jackson and Cordon (1985) Fitness and Exercise London Slanandar books Ltd.
- Bucker Charles, A., Prentice., & William, E (1985) Fitness for College and Life. Times Mirror College Publishing.
- Robergs, A., Robert & Roberts, O., Scott (1997). Exercise Physiology, Exercise performance and clinical applications. St.Louis, Baltimore mosby Mirror Publishers
- Selvanambi, J., & Dr.E. Amudhan (2017). Efficacy of aerobic training on body mass index and maximum oxygen consumption of college men. International Journal of Adapted Physical Education and Yoga Vol.2, No.11, pp. 10 to 15.
- Radovanovicet, D., Alkesandrovi., Nenad,DJ., Stojiljkovic., Popovic & arinkovic. (2009) Influence of physical training on cardio respiratory endurance in pre adolescent age. Acta Medical Medianae, 48 (1), 37-40.
- Miller, MG., Herniman, JJ., Richard, MD., Cheatham, CC & Micheal, TJ (2006). Effect of six week plyometric training program on agility. Journal of Sports science and Medicine, 5(3), 459-465.
- Murugavel, K., and Nandagopal, D (2019) Influence of traditional badaga dance training on physical fitness parameters of school boys in nilgiris Vol 8, Issue 9.
- Wing, R. R., & Hill, J.O (2001) Successful weght loss maintenance. Annual Review of Nutrition, 21, 323 – 341.
- Nirendan, J., & Murugavel, K. (2019) Effect of shadow training on motor fitness components of badminton players Volume 1 Issue 2 Page No. 04-06.