Impacts of Asanas and Pranayama on Flexibility and Vital Capacity among Cricketers
- Vital Capacity and Cricketers
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Mahesh P
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
This examine evaluated the Effects of Asanas and Pranayama on Flexibility and Vital Capacity. The current research was conducted at the V.C.V. Shishu Vidyodaya Matric. Hr. Sec. School, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu. The age of the subjects were ranged between 13 to 16 years. The subjects active were randomly assigned to two equal groups. Group - I (n=20) underwent yogic training group and Group - II (n=20) control group. Tools and Technique i.e. flexibility and vital capacity were used and measured in this study to know the effects of asanas and pranayama on its. Measurements for the variables were taken at the pre test and at the end of the treatment period, after eight weeks post test the data were collected for all the variables from treatment group, for three days. During this period the subject were not allowed to participate in any training. The information was analyzed using paired‘t’ test to compare the before and after yogic training programme values of treatment group. P value of less than 0.05 was accepted as indicating significant difference between the compared values. The results of this investigation indicate that eight weeks of asanas and pranayama practice can significantly improve flexibility and vital capacity in school level cricketers
- S. Eswari, S. Senthil Kumaran, S. Rajesh, A. Abdul Halik. Stress Level to the Persuade of Asanas and Meditation on Working Women in Pandemic. International Journal of Research Publication and Reviews Vol (2) Issue (7) (2021) Page 583-586.
- Senthil kumaran. Impacts of Plyometric Training on Selected Physical Fitness Variables among Basketball Players. International Journal of Yoga, Physiotherapy and Physical Education 2018; 3(4): 52-54.
- Khatri A, Khatri SS. Physiological effect of selected Pranayamas on adolescents. International Journal of Physical Education Sports and Yogic Sciences. 2013; 2 (2):42-43.
- Chaudhary D, Ahsan M. Effect of Yoga Training on Physiological Characteristics of College Students. International Journal of Health, Sports and Physical Education. 2012; 1(1):25-27.
- Sree RV. Effect of Aerobic Dance and Pranayama on Selected Physiological Variables among College Girls. International Journal of Health, Physical Education and Computer Science in Sports. 2012; 7(1):164-168.
- Jayachandran K. Effects of Yogic Practices on Physical Physiological and Psychological Variables among School Students. International Journal of Recent Research and Applied Studies. 2014; 1(17):68-72.
- James A, Raub MS. Psychophysiologic Effects of hatha yoga on musculoskeletal and cardiopulmonary function the journal of alternative and complementary medicine volume 8, number 2002;6:797-812.
- Bandi Hari Krishna, Pravati Pal, Pal GK, Balachander J, Jayasettiaseelon E, Sreekanth Y, et al. yoga improves quality of life and functional capacity in heart failure patients. Biomedical research 2014;25(2):178-182. ISSN 0970-938x
- Birinder Cheema S, Angelique Houridis, Lisa Busch, Verena Raschke-Cheema, Geoff Elville W, Paul Marshall W, et al. effect of an office worksite-based yoga program on heart rate variability: outcomes of a randomized controlled trial cheema et al. Bmc complementary and alternative medicine 2013;13:82.
- Ranjita Mehrotra AV, Phadke Kharche JS, Dr. A Pranita, Dr. AR Joshi. Effect of yoga on anxiety score and resting heart rate in young healthy individuals Nirma 2012;3(2). April-june eissn: 0975-9840 p ISSN: 2230-9969.
- Amy Wheeler, Linda Wilkin. A study of the impact of yoga âsana on perceived stress, heart rate, and breathing rate international journal of yoga therapy 2007, 17.
- Somwanshi SD, Handergulle SM, Adgaonkar BD, Kolpe DV. Effect of sudarshankriya yoga on cardiorespiratory parameters international journal of recent trends in science and technology, ISSN 2277-2812 e-issn 2249-8109 2013;8(1):62-66.
- Mukesh Kumar Mishra, Ajay Kumar Pandey, Shivendra Dubey. Effect of eight weeks yogic training on selected physiological variables p-ISSN: 2394-1685 e-issn: 2394-1693 international juranel of physical education and sports science 2015;1(3):50-52.
- Nagendra H, Vinod Kumar, Mukherjee S. Cognitive behavior evaluation based on physiological parameters among young healthy subjects with yoga as intervention, computational and mathematical methods in medicine volume 2015, article id 821061, 13 pages http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/821061.
- Caren Lau, Ruby Yu, Jean Woo. Effects Of A 12-Week Hatha Yoga Intervention On Cardiorespiratory Endurance, Muscular Strength And Endurance, And Flexibility In Hong Kong Chinese Adults: A Controlled Clinical Trial, Evidence-Based Complementary And Alternative Medicine Volume 2015, Article Id 958727, 12 Pages Http://Dx.Doi.Org/10.1155/2015/958727
- Tran MD, Holly RG, Lashbrook J, Amsterdam EA. Effects of hatha yoga practice on the health-related aspects of physical fitness. Prev cardiol. Autumn 2001;4(4):165-170.
- Vishaw Gaurav. Effects Of Hatha Yoga Training On The Health-Related Physical Fitness Department Of Physical Education (T), Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjab, India (Received March 1, 2011, Accepted March 2011, 29.