Effect of strength training program on selected physical Fitness components of adolescent Judo players
- Strength training program,
- leg explosive power,
- muscular strength
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2020 Logeswaran A.S
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The study was to find out the effect of strength training program on selected physical fitness components of adolescent judo players. To achieve the purpose of the study 30 adolescent boys judo players will be selected from Government higher secondary school, kalveerampalayam, Coimbatore and their age will be ranged between 14 and 17 years. The subjects was randomly assigned to two equal groups (n=15). All the subjects were divided in to two groups with 15 subjects each as experimental and control group. Group-I underwent resistance training for a period of twelve weeks and group-II acted as control who did not participate in any special training other than the regular routine. The physical fitness components such as agility, leg explosive power, and muscular strength. Were selected as dependent variables. Agility was tested by 4 x 10 m Shuttle run, Leg explosive power was tested by Standing broad jump, and Muscular strength was tested by Pull ups. Pre and post-test random group design was used for this study. The dependent‘t’ test was applied to determine the difference between the means of two group. To find out whether there was any significant difference between the experimental and control groups. To test the level of significant of difference between the means 0.05 level of confidence was fixed. The result of the study shows that, there was a significant improvement takes place on agility, leg explosive power, and muscular strength of adolescent judo players.. Due to the effect of eight weeks of strength training and also concluded that, there was a significant difference exists between experimental and control groups on breathe holding time, resting heart rate and vital capacity. The control group did not improve the selected criterion variables.
- Barrow,H.M. and McGee(1979) A Practical approach to measurement physical education, new york the c.v.mosby company.pp.38
- Singh Hardayal, (1984) 1st Edition, Sports training, general theory and method, Nethaji Subhas National Institute of Sports, Printed by Roy Mangla. J at Phulkian press, Patiala, p: 1, 30, 31,43,62,64.
- Singh Hardayal, (1991) Science of sports training, New Delhi, DVS Publication, Sports Science Exchange, 2 (23).
- Alauddin sheikh et al., (2012) effects of plyometric training and strength training on journal of advancements in research & technology, ISSN 2278- 7763, volume 1, issue.6,
- Eskandar taheri et al.,(2014) the effect f 8 weeks of plyometric and strength training on agility, speed and explosive power in soccer players. European journal of experimental biology, issn:2248-9215,volume 4(1),pp 383-386
- Fereshteh shahidi (2011) effect of 8 weeks strength training on physical fitness factors in 16-18 years old male soccer players. Asian journal of physical education and computer science in sports, volume no.1
- Izquierdo et al., (2000) effects of strength training on explosive power and serum hormones in middle-aged and older men. Journal applied physiology ISSN:1497-1507
- Johnson (2014) training improves speed and agility in wheelchair basketball strength athletes. Revised bras medicine esporte, volume,2014.