Impact of speed based skill training after ankle weight resistance training on selected physical and skill performance of men footballers
- Speed based skill training,
- ankle weight resistance training,
- explosive power and kicking ability
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Murugavel K, Nandagopal D, Nirendan J
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The study was designed to know about the importance of speed based skill training after ankle weight resistance training on selected physical and skill performance of men footballers. In order to achieve the study, 40 men footballers were selected from Bharathiar university department and affiliated colleges, of Bharathiar university coimbatore, their age ranged between 18 and 25 years. The selected population were divided into two equal groups consist of 20 each. The group I (n=20) was considered as experimental group and group II (n=20) was considered as control group. The investigators did not made any attempt to equate the group. The control group was not given any treatment and the experimental group was given speed based skill training after ankle weight resistance training for three days per week, for a period of twelve weeks. Explosive power was assessed by standing broad jump test and unit of measurement was in meters and kicking ability was assessed by warner soccer test and unit of measurement was in meters. The collected data on selected physical and skill performance variables was analyzed by using‘t’ test at 0.05 level of confidence. The result of the present study explored that the explosive power and kicking ability significantly improved due to the speed based skill training after ankle weight resistance training on selected physical and skill performance of men footballers.
- Barrow M Harold. and Rose Mary McGee, (1979) A Practical Approach To Measurement in Physical Education (3rd_ed), Philadelphia: Lea and Febiger.
- Best W John, (1977) Research in Physical Education, New Delhi: prentice- Hall of India Private Ltd.
- Bucher A Charles, (1958) Administration of School Health and physical Education Program, Saint Louis: The C.V. Mosby company.
- Deboroh A. Wuest, (1987) Foundation of Physical Education Sports, Saint: Times Mirror/Mosby college publication.
- Mathews K Donald, (1973) Measurement in Physical Education (4th ed), Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Company.
- Oberteuffer, (1951) Delbert. Physical education, New York: Tearper Brothers
- Rober V, (1985) Physical Fitness (5th ed), Saint Louis: Missori mosby company.
- Sharkey L Brain, (1984) Physiology of fitness, Champaign: Human kinetics publishers data
- Singh D. Hardayal, (1995) Science of sports training, New Delhi, DVS publications. Page no 121
- Singh, Hardayal, (1984) Sports training, Patiala: Nethaji Subash National Institute pf Sports.
- Williams, Jesse feiring, (1968) The Principles of Physical Education, Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Company.
- Wojtys M. Edward et.al (1996) “Neuromu scular Adaptations in Isokinetic, Isotonic, and Agility Training Programs”.Clinical O rthopaedics& Related Research: symposium: Total Ankle Arthroplasty
- Dwyer K.Maureen., et.al (2002) “Rehabilitation of the Ankle After Acute Sprain or Chronic Instability”.University of Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany.
- RidgeMTara, et.al (2003) “Effect of tai chi exercise on proprioception of ankle and knee joints in old people”.Sports Medicine Building, East Carolina University, Greenville.
- UfukSekir. (2003) “Investigate the effects of isokinetic exercise on strength, joint position sense and functionality in recreational athletes with functional ankle instability (FAI)”. Department of Rehabilitation Sciences and Physical Therapy, Ghent University.
- Buchheit M., et.al (2010) “Improving repeated sprint ability in young elite soccer players: repeated shuttle sprints vs. explosive strength training”Journal of strength and conditioning research 24(10).
- Meylan., et.al (2009) “Effects of in- season plyometric training within soccer practice on explosive actions of young players”.J Strength Cond Res 23(9).
- Jullien., et.al (2008) “A Short Period of Lower Limb Strength Training Improve Performance”2008 National Strength and Conditioning Associatio.
- Erčulj., et.al (2010) “physical demands on young elite European female basketball players with special reference to speed, agility, explosive strength, and take-off power”J Strength Cond Res 24(11).
- L. M. Alegre., et.al (2007) “The effectiveness of ankle taping on the limitation of forced supination during a change of direction” The Authors. Journal compilation, Scandinavian Physiological Society.
- Greene L.David., et.al (1999) “The effects of prophylactic knee braces on athlete speed and agility, as well as brace tendency to migrate”. Dalian Maritime University, Dalian, China.
- B. Brown., et.al (1990) “Maximal weight- lifting performance, isometric strength, isokinetic torque, whole muscle and individual fiber”School of Physiotherapy, La Trobe University, Victoria, Australia.
- T W Kaminski., et.al (2002) “Effect of strength and proprioception training on eversion to inversion strength ratios in subjects with unilateral functional ankle instability”. Sci. Sports Exerc., Vol. 33, No. 10, 2002, pp. 1667-1673.
- Villiers De. Rangel, et .al (1993) Velocity of movement during ankle strength and power training with elastic resistance bands in older patients attending a day hospital rehabilitation pro gram”Journal Information Perceptual and Motor Skills.
- Shedlarski., et.al (2011) “The relationship of Strength and Body Composition to Vertical Jump Ability in Division 1 Female Volleyball Players”.N Am J Sports PhysTher. 2008 February; 3(1): 41–47.
- CédricLehance, et.al (2003) “Explosive Strength Imbalances in Professional Basketball Players”Virginia Commonwealth University.
- French., et.al (2009) “Effect of two plyometric training techniques on muscular power and agility in youth soccer players”.J Strength Cond Res 23(1).
- Taşkinand Halil (2009) “Effect of circuit training on the sprint-agility and anaerobic endurance ”J Strength Cond Res 23(5).
- Jovanovich., et.al (2011) “Effects of the speed, agility, quickness (SAQ) training method on power performance in soccer players”. J Strength Cond Res 24(3).
- Abolghasem Memarzadeh and Mehrzad Moghadasi (2014) Effects of plyometric training on skill performance in soccer player’s international journal of current research and academic review ISSN: 2347-3215 Volume 2 Number 9 September-2014 pp. 242-247
- Adnene Gharbi and Liwa Masmoudi (2013) Time of Day Effect on Soccer— Specific Field Tests in Tunisian Boy Players, Published On May in Science Research Vol.3 No.2, pp. 71-75
- Asghar Haghighi and Mehrzad Moghadasi (2012) Effects of plyometric versus resistance training on sprint and skill performance in young soccer players Pelagia Research Library European Journal of Experimental Biology, 2012, 2 (6): ISSN: 2248 –9215: pp.2348-2351
- Chandrasekaran. S and Anbanandan. A et.al, (2012) conducted a study of selective motor fitness components empowers on playing ability among Low and High Performers of State Level Football Players. International
- Multidisciplinary Research Journal 2012, 2(3): ISSN: 2231-6302. Pp 54 - 60
- Christou M, Smilios I, et.al, (2006) examined the effects of resistance training on the physical capacities of adolescent soccer players. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 2006, 20(4), pp 783–791
- Darija Omrcen and Fredi Fiorentini (2011) Effects Of Speed, Agility, Quickness Training Method On Power Performance In Elite Soccer Players, Journal Of Strength And Conditioning Research Volume 25 Number 5, 1285–1292
- Delleman NJ, et.al, (2010) Soccer-specific accuracy and validity of the local position measurement (1pm) system. The UMCG, university of Groningen. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport / Sports Medicine Australia [2010, 13(6): pp. 641- 645].
- Devaraju. K (2014), Effect Of S.A.Q Training On Vital Capacity Among Hockey Players Journal Impact Factor (2013): 6.9071 Volume 5, Issue 1, January (2014), pp. 102-105
- John O’Reilly and Stephen H. Wong (2013) Effect of a carbohydrate drink on soccer skill performance following a sport-specific training program. Journal of exercise Science & Fitness, November 2013; pp. 95-101
- Keeron J. Stone and Jonathan L. Oliver (2009) The Effect of 45 Minutes of Soccer- Specific Exercise on the Performance of Soccer Skills International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance, , 4, 163-175
- Kotzamanidis, Christos, et.al, (2005) examined the effect of a combined high- intensity strength and speed training program on the running and jumping ability of soccer players. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 2005, 19(2), pp 369–375
- Lago-Peñas, C, Casais, L, et.al, (2011) found the anthropometric and physiological characteristics of young soccer players according to their playing positions: relevance for competition success. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research · November 2011 Impact Factor: 2.08. pp 1 – 8
- Little, Thomas, et.al, (2005) found the specificity of acceleration, maximum speed, and agility in professional soccer players. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 2005, Impact Factor: 2.08., pp 76–78
- Manikandan.S (2014) Effect of SAQ Drills on Selected Motor Fitness Component among University Players Indian Journal Of Applied Research Volume : 4 Issue: 11 ISSN - 2249-555X 418-419
- Mohanasundaram. S, and Vasanthi. G (2013). Effective study of s.a.q training and tempo training on agility and resting pulse rate among junior cricket players. indian streams research journal 1-3
- Moore, e. Whitney g, et.al, (2005) compared through two twelve week off- season combined training programs on entry level collegiate soccer players performance. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 2005, 19(4), pp 791–798
- Nageswaran. A.S. (2013). Effect of SAQ Training on Speed Agility and Balance Among Inter Collegiate Athletes. IJSR - International Journal Of Scientific Research, Volume : 2 (Issue : 1), 1-2.
- Palanisamy. A (2013) Effects of SAQ training and plyometric training on speed among college men Kabaddi players Indian Journal of Applied Research volume: 3 Issue: 11 ISSN - 2249-555X
- Rajković, A. et al,. (2014) Influence Of Specific Speed, Agility, And Quickness Training on Speed And Explosiveness Of Football Players Original scientific paper in Sport Science 7 (2014) 1: 48‐51
- Selvam Ramachandran and Binita Pradhan (2014) Effects of Short-term Two Weeks Low Intensity Plyometrics Combined With Dynamic Stretching Training in Improving Vertical Jump Height and Agility on Trained Basketball Players Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 2014; 58(2) : 133–136
- Sporis, Goran, et.al, (2008) examined the anaerobic endurance of elite soccer players improved after a high- intensity training intervention in the 8- week conditioning program. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research · March 2008 Impact Factor: 2.08 volume 22. pp 559-566
- Subramanian. P.K (2014) Effect of SAQ training and plyometric training on selected motor fitness and physiological variables among junior basketball players Sports Indian journal of research volume: 3 Issue : 11 Issn - 2250-1991 156-157
- Sujit Halder and Bhaskar Chakraborty (2014) Effect of a Specific Training Programme on Development of Soccer Playing Ability of 14 year old young soccer players. International journal of physical education, fitness and sports Issn: 2277: 5447 vol.3.no.3 September 2014 pp39 – 44
- Sushant Ranganath Haldankar (2014) Effect of Strength Training Exercise On Instep Kick Performance Of Soccer Players, International Journal of Physical Education, Fitness and Sports ISSN: 2277: 5447 Vol.3. No.1 March’2014 pp. 56- 60
- Taskin, et.al, (2008) evaluating sprinting ability, acceleration of speed dribbling ability of professional soccer players with respect to their positions the University of Vienna, Austria Journal of Strength Conditioning Research: September 2008 volume 22- issue 5 – pp. 1481-1486
- Wong PL, Chamari K, et.al, (2010) examined the effects of 12-week on- field combined strength and power training on physical performance among U-14 young soccer players. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. Impact Factor: 2.08 volume 24 pp. 642- 652
- Zoran Milanovic and Goran Sporis (2013) Effects of a 12 Week SAQ Training Programme on Agility with and without the Ball among Young Soccer Players Journal of Sports Science and Medicine, 97 – 103.
- Jayasivarajan Segaran, Akila Shanmuga Sundaram, Effect of Resistance Training on Shoulder Strength and Arm Explosive Power of Football Players, International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, 11(1) (Series-II) (2021) 01-04.