Influence of yogasanas and Swiss ball training on selected physiological variables of college students
- Swiss ball,
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 Kaba Rosario C, Samuel Jesuudoss J
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The purpose of the study was to find out the influence of yogasanas and Swiss ball training on selected physiological variables of college students, For the purpose of the study, 24 college men were selected as subjects randomly from YMCA College of Physical Education, Chennai. These students did not undergo any special training or coaching programme apart from their regular routine physical activity. The subjects were aged from 21 to 27. the selected subjects were divided into two equal groups namely experimental and control groups of 12 subjects each. The training period was limited to six weeks and for five days per week. The asanas followed by swiss ball training is selected as independent variable resting pulse rate, was selected as dependent variable. All the subjects were tested two days before and immediately after the experimental period on the selected dependent variables. The obtained data from the experimental groups and control group before and after the experimental period were statistically analyzed with dependent‘t’ test and analysis of covariance (ANCOVA). The level of confidence was fixed at 0.05 level for all the cases to test the hypothesis.The result of the study showed that experimental group there was a significant improvement on selected criterion variable such as, resting pulse rate due to training.
- Akila, Effect of basketball skill training and yoga training on playing ability of school basketball players, International Journal of Adapted Physical Education and Yoga, 1(3) (2016) 1-8.
- Shah S N. API Textbook of Medicine. 7th ed. Mumbai: The Association of Physicians of India; 2003: 432-433.
- Nagarathna R, Nagendra H R. Yoga for hypertension and heart diseases.1st ed. Bangalore: Swami Vivekananda Yoga Prakashana; 2003.
- Swami Satyananda Saraswati. Yoga and cardiovascular management. 2nd ed. Munger: Yoga Publications Trust; 2001.
- Swami Shankardevananda. The effects of yoga on hypertension. 2nd ed. Munger: Bihar School of Yoga; 1998.
- Goldberg D. Manual of the General Health Questionnaire. Windsor: NFER Publishing
- Company; 1978.
- Santha Joseph, Sridharan K, Patel SKB, Kumaria M L, Selvamurthy W, Joseph N T et al. Study of some physiological and biochemical parameters in subjects undergoing yogic training. Indian J Med Res 1981; 74: 120-124.
- Anand B K. Yoga and medical sciences. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 1991;35 (2): 84-87.
- Selvamurthy W, Nayar H S, Joseph N T, Joseph S. Physiological effects of yogic practice. Nimhans Journal 1983; 1 (1): 71-80.