- Circuit Training,
- Physical Fitness Variables and Skill Performance,
- Cricket Players
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Mahesh P
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The purpose of the study was to find out the effect of circuit training on selected physical fitness variables and skill performance among inter collegiate level medium pace cricket bowlers. It was hypothesized that there would be significant differences on selected physical fitness variables and skill performance due to the effect of circuit training among inter collegiate level cricket players. For the present study the 30 inter collegiate level cricket players from Coimbatore district, Tamilnadu were selected at random and their age ranged from 18 to 23 years. For the present study pre test – post test random group design which consists of control group and experimental group was used. The subjects were randomly assigned to two equal groups of fifteen each and named as Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’. Group ‘A’ underwent circuit training and Group ‘B’ has not undergone any training. The data was collected before and after six weeks of training. The data was analyzed by applying dependent‘t test. The level of significance was set at 0.05. The circuit training had positive impact on Speed, Muscular Strength, Leg Explosive Power and Bowling Accuracy among inter collegiate level medium pace cricket bowlers.
- Akilan, N. Muthusubramanian, J. and Chittibabu, B. (2011) Effect of sports specific circuit training on aerobic capacity of high school male basketball players during competitive season. August, 2011; Received in revised from; 17
- Alagesan And P.Karthikeyan (2012) effect of circuit resistance training on elected strength parameters, Innovation Technology in Sports and Allied Sciences conference proceeding: 978-81-920866-4-4
- Anderson, D. (1989). The discipline and the profession foundation of Canadian physical education, recreation, and sports studies. Dubuque, IA: Wm. C. Brown Publishers.
- Beckham SG, Earnest CP (2000) metabolic cost of free weight circuit weight training. Journal of Strength Conditioning Research. 2008 Nov; 22(6):1816-25.
- Chitara, M, Chaouachi, A, Levin, GT, Chaouachi, M, Chamari, K,Amri, M, Laursen, PB. (2008) Effect of concurrent endurance andcircuit resistance training sequence on muscular strength andpower development. The journal of Strength & Conditioning Research: 22:1037–1045.
- Nandagopal D, Murugavel K, Impact of resistance training on physical fitness variables of school level men soccer players, Bharathiar National Journal of Physical Education and Exercise Science, 10(2) (2019) 12–17.