Realize the effect of bear walk and frog jumps on muscular strength and flexibility of school children
- Bear Walk,
- Frog jumps,
- Muscular Strength,
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Sivanandhaprabhu C; Johnson A; Sureshbabu P, Meenakashi Sundaram K
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The aim of the study was to investigate the realize the effect of bear walk and frog jumps on selected strength parameter Muscular strength and Flexibility underwent school boys students in the age group of 13 to 16 on health related physical fitness. To attain this purpose, 30 male school students were randomly selected as subjects from C.M.S. Higher Secondary School, Srivilliputtur, Virudhunagar District studying in various classes. The age of the subjects were ranged from 13 to 16 years. The subjects were formed a two group of 15 subjects each, in which group - I underwent Bear walk training and frog jump training for three days per week for eight weeks and group - II acted as control group who were not undergo any type of training programme. The chosen criterion variables such as Muscular Strength and Flexibility were measured before and after the training period. The collected data were statistically analyzed by using Analysis of Covariance (ANCOVA). From the obtained results the study was found that there was a significant improvement on Muscular Strength and Flexibility for bear walk and frog jump group when compared with the control group.
- Allison K.R, Dwyer JJM, Makin S (1999) Perceiived barriers to physical activity among high school students. Preventive Medicine, Vol-28, Issue-6, Page- 608-615.
- Brukner and khan (1997) Effect of resistance, endurance, and concurrent exercise on training outcomes in men. Med Sci Sports Exerc.2004 Dec;(12):2119-27.
- Kenneth R. Allison, Edward M. Adlaf, John J.M.Dwyer, Daria C. Lysy MA & Hyacinth M. Irving (2007) The decline in physical activity among adolescent students. Canadian Journal of Public Health, 98, 97-100.
- Siegal, J.A, Camaione, D.N, &Manfredi,T.G.(1989).The effects of upper body resistance training in prepubescent children. Pediatric Exercise Science, 1,145-1 54.
- Jayasivarajan Segaran, Akila Shanmuga Sundaram, Effect of Resistance Training on Shoulder Strength and Arm Explosive Power of Football Players, International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, 11(1) (Series-II) (2021) 01-04.