Effects of suryanamaskar practice and resistance training programme on selected physical health and mental health components among college level men handball players
- Body Composition,
- Resting Pulse Rate,
- Stress and Anxiety
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Anbalagan P, Mahasuran A, Atheeskumar P
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The purpose of the study was to find out the effect of suryanamaskar practice with resistance training programme on selected physical health and mental health components on college level men handball players. To achieve the purpose of the study, sixty men handball players were selected randomly from affiliated college for Bharathiar University, Coimbatore. The subjects aged from 20 to 25 years. The selected subjects were divided into two equal groups namely experimental and control groups of 30 subjects each. The training period was limited to twelve weeks and for six days per week. The suryanamaskar practice with resistance training programme was selected as independent variables and flexibility, body composition, resting pulse rate, stress and anxiety were selected as dependent variables and it was measured by sit and reach, skin fold caliber, resting pulse rate, questionnaire and questionnaire. All the subjects were tested two days before and immediately after the experimental period on the selected dependent variables. The obtained data from the experimental group and control group before and after the experimental period were statistically analyzed with dependent ‘t’-test to find out significant improvements.The level of significance was fixed at 0.05 level confidence for all the cases. Significant improvement was found on flexibility, body composition, resting pulse rate, stress and anxiety of experimental group due to the effect of suryanamaskar practice with resistance training programme when compared to the control group.
- Bauman A,Owen N,habitual physical activity and cardio vascular risk facters ,2003,(8)P.533-9.
- Chen KM(2008)physical fitness of older adults in senior activity centers after 24-week silver yoga exercises,17(19),P.2634-46.
- Roubenoff R short –term progressive resistance yraining increases strength and lean body mass in adults infected with human immunodeficiency virus.(1999),13(2),P:231-9.
- S. Akila, S. Jayasivarajan, Effect of pranayama on selected physiological variables among Inter-collegiate men volleyball players; Bharathiar National Journal of Physical Education and Exercise Science, 10(1) (2019) 01-05.
- Akila S, Priyadharsni P, Charu Nivedita M, Suryanamaskar Enhances Physical Fitness of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, International Research Journal of Tamil, 3(1), (2021) 240-246.